March 20th is the first day of Spring, yeppie! Can't say we really had much of a winter this year, I guess that is also saying the same for other states. As we dwindle winter down and wait for more flowers blooming and leaves forming on the trees, comes an end to winter hibernation and new photos to explode on my blog. It has been a semi quiet winter here on the homestead. As for me, been doing pretty well except for one bout of slight pneumonia which has kept me from playing racquet ball and exercising at the gym. On March 5th I go back to Doc Brantley for my ok to go back to Perry Athletic Center. We had a garage sell last weekend did pretty well and finally sold our hot tub!! This summer we are going to create a nice fire place with benches outback, I am excited. Not only will we be swimming now we can have the grand babies over to roast some marshmellows. We are also planning on taking the babies camping and try them out for their first fishing expedition. LOL...Now on to other things
Little Sophia is talking up a storm and is in her little cute phase. She is so smart and just cute as bug! She is finally warming back up to her Uncle Phillip. She loves having her mama and papa around and continues to love on Boone when she is over for a visit. Sophia will be turning 2 yrs old in a couple of months, wow how time just goes by in a blink of an eye.
Delmar is still trucking along being the alpha dog over Boone. Delmar did hurt his back again and of course is milking it when I am around to baby him. He is still a daddy's dog! Delmar has swiped 2 of Boones toys, keeps them in his bed and won't let Boone play with them. Every so often you will hear Delmar squeak the toy just to tease Boone and make him come running, then Delmar will bark at Boone...they are like 2 little kids. But we love him dearly, he is more then just a pet he is a family member!
Boone puppy has finally stopped growing and is beginning to broaden out a bit. He is a mommy's dog, where ever I am you will find Boone. He cracks us up at times, he loves to play football with anyone who is willing to throw the ball for him. He hates rainy days cause him can't play, so he gets a bit stir crazy in the house and will scattered both toy basket toys all over; and constantly try to get us to play in the house. Boone is becoming a great gaurd dog, he watches 2 of our neighbors homes plus ours. Every one around our neighborhood who walks down the road will comment on how well behaved Boone is and doesn't leave the yard. I will admit he was easy to train, why wasn't our children this easy..LOL..Same as Delmar, Boone is a member of the family and just not our pet.
Alex and Lilly are growing fast and can be the sweetiest little turd balls ever. Alex will be starting Pre-K this fall and Lilly will be a year behind him. Daniell has both kids playing T-ball and they started practice this week. We are really excited about this and will once again be going back to the ball fields and cheering them on. I really never thought about being a grandparent sitting in the stands, seems a bit strange but I love it. I was talking with Danielle about putting Alex in soccer and Lilly in dance later on or maybe Lilly would like soccer too. I can see already they are going to be like their mommy when it comes to sports.
Danielle has been working almost 40hours a week at Applebee's when she is suppose to be only part time. She is asking them to cut back her hours so she will be able to attend the ball practices and games for the kids. Danielle continues to sell avon, but has taken a break this month. If you are interested you can order on line from her. Danielle continues her artsy crafts when she gets moment to breath when not chasing 3 little kids around or working. Mike has been doing pretty well also, just got a raise from the railroad so that will definitely help financially, so if Danielle gets to the point of where she don't want to work ok then. :o)....The family is doing well and like us just living life and making the most of it.
Now for Phillip M. Still holding strong grades in school with an almost 4.0 GPA. He is only a Junior and has almost enough credits to graduate. So if all goes well instead of attending the high school he will be permitted to attend a local college finish his high school credits there as well as college credits; he will still walking with his class in 2013 for graduation. If the school don't screw that up he can go to school half a day and either go to work (needs a job) or attend college half a day; so we will know more before the end of this school year. Phillip continues to have his future set on the CIA or US Marshalls, once he attends college with a Criminal Justice major there will be so many new doors opening for him. He has grown into such a loving, caring, funny son, brother and uncle...we are all proud of him. Even his big sister is backing him 100%...those two keep growing closer every year..does a parents heart good.
As for boss man, well that is what I let him think..LOL...hubby is doing well just got back from Lake Charles not long ago, he was gone for a couple of weeks. Since we joined the gym hubby has taught us how to play racquet ball and he is doing well with trying to get back into shape. He is still working long hours and spoils us rotten, me most of all. LOL. He is in the process of getting the garage in order so he can start working on his re-loading and tinkering around with motorbikes and blacksmithing. The smile in his picture is the smile he always has when he gets time to spend with the grand babies, he is such the gentle giant with them; I love to watch him melt when the kids give their ol papa love! With all the bumpy roads him and I have had to endure has just made us stronger, we are each others rock...
So to end the winter isn't so bad when you have the love of a family to hold you together! Come back and keep an eye out for t-ball pictures! Until then say good bye to ol man winter and we can chalk this up to season a of laughs, love and life! Happy Blogging
So to end the winter isn't so bad when you have the love of a family to hold you together! Come back and keep an eye out for t-ball pictures! Until then say good bye to ol man winter and we can chalk this up to season a of laughs, love and life! Happy Blogging
1 comment:
I love your pic's and comments. I love your family also. Now you know how I feel being Mama. I love being a Greatmama also. I get a kick out of it when the G. grandbabies call me that and seems happy to hear from me, and tell me where they are at. I love it...we are at mama's house. Keep up the pic's and the writing. I look forward to it.. Mom
Post a Comment