background

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Passing of a little bird & New smoking method

I knew for a while that my owl finch wasn't going to be around much longer. She has been acting oddly lately, well just not being her normal self. I really knew something yesterday when she let me pick her up and pet her. This morning when I went to the cage she had laid one egg and then kaput, now my other orange beak (Shaft tail) is sitting on the egg and tweeting up a storm. Awwww he is all alone in the cage that is the first time in 3 years, when I got the birds on my birthday.
Well here is what all the talk has been about around here lately. This is my method of smoking, it is actually an alternative to smoking. It is the battery operated cigarette. This type of ciggy only has the nicotine not the harsh chemicals that comes with smoking regular ciggys. The white part of the ciggy is the battery which is rechargeable, and you purchase the filters which is the green that show menthol. The end of it lights up like an actual cigarette would, and emits a 99% water vapor on exhaling. There is no smell, no second hand smoke and I can smoke it at any no smoking facility. As I get used to this I can purchase other cartridges with less nicotine and in different flavors, like vanilla, chocolate and coffee what a hoot. So this will have to do until I can get the will power to lay the smokes down forever. This blog is starting to sound a bit like a commercial...LOL Other then that nothing new happening at the Zoo Crew home. John W is back on the road trying to figure out his next run, he called this morning kinda hack because of another screw up they made. Phillip will be starting HS here in a couple of weeks. Hubby is still having severe bouts with his reflux, we are trying to get that adjusted. Danielle and her family and feeling better after some nasty colds. My mom and hubby's mom seems to be doing fairly well, still expecting mom down here probably in a couple of weeks. As for me, just staying busy with the house and yard like always. So until next time happy blogging.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bird. I bet the other is really lonely. Maybe I can replace it for your birthday. Tell Phil to hang in there, they will come up with something for him. See you soon I hope. Love ya Mom

danielle said...

sorry about the bird...going to get him a new friend? the cig is cool looking. i love you momma