background

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tenn Vac./Indian Falls camp/ A visit from Alex

I know it has been a while since I have had a chance to post, but the last month and a half has been just crazy. Where to begin! We planned to take a trip to the Smokies starting the 14th of June which still took place. On the evening of June 12 my mom went to the emergency room, having a mini stroke and blood clot in her heart. I had to promise her I would still go on vacation and if things would worsen I would pack up camp and head north to her. Mom staying in the hospital for a week, and I kept in touch with her every hour or so. I would let her know the silly things that was happening on our trip, and she would just laugh at us. I tried to take care of everything I could for her from long distance. I kept in touch the the Day View Care Center where my Grandmother was living. Day View would stay in contact with me about how my 94 year old grandma was. Little to say grandma wasn't doing so well. We left the Smokies and headed to Seiverville Tn, there I stayed on the phone constantly with mom and Day view. After a day at Ripplen Waters, I got the word grandma was failing fast. I finally had to contact Mom (and she was just being released from the hospital, and broke the news to her. I was so worried about mom, and that I wasn't there for her). We packed up camp and headed north, made it to Ohio that evening. The following day my Grandmother passed away. Mom is doing well, and after services and a trip home. I headed back north 2 days later and a big Okey Dokey from the doctors I brought mom to GA with us for a week or so. We took a camping trip over the 4th of July to Indian Springs. Me on the phone to mom, taking pictures of the little fish and big fish we was catching at Ripplin Waters.
Phillip's spot on the rocks at the Ripplin Waters RV resort, just steps away from the motorhome.

LOL. what a catch... Dear hubby just relaxing waiting for a fish, oh look got one. Wow he was a happy camper finally caught a fish, it was huge. ( had to set if free )

Hubby and Phillip playing on the rocks in the Smokies.

Mom and Delmar kicking back at Indian Springs. We really enjoyed that trip, or there is a story with Indian Springs but that is one you need to ask about. LOL.
After the camping trip Alex and Danielle came for a visit.
Not a proud Great-grandmother oh no LOL



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey i am glad that yall had fun. i wish i could have went. i love to camp. Sorry have posted on yours in awhile. i love you .