background

Monday, April 20, 2009

Sliver, Cake Platter, Cedar Chest & Flowers....







These are just a few things I brought back from my mom's on our trip. The silver came from my grandmother and grandfather. The crystal cake platter came from my great great grandmother on my grandfathers side. The ceder chest and the ol porcelain bowl from my grandmother. I have also washed some ol aprons that could have possibly been my great grandmothers, on my grand mothers side. You can also see under the bakers rack a dough bowl, that came from my hubby's mother, his grandfather made it into table sort. Hubby wanted to remove the legs I said nope, leave it the way it is; that is the way you remember it. I have also brought back from my mother-in-law an old cast iron tea kettle, it sits in the living room near the fire place. Ewwww I am sure there is more, but without walking thru the house I may not remember it all. I want my mom and my mother-in-law to know how much I really love this stuff, and it is safe and back in use again. Thank you so much...




My flowers I just planted on Saturday. I can't wait for them to grow bigger and bloom even more. My flowers have a tendency to grow huge.. LOL I just love Spring and Summer....

2 comments:

danielle said...

the silver looks great mom and the flowers are beautful. i dont have your greent thump(dont think i spelled that right)yet. i love you.

Anonymous said...

Good job. Everything looks great and like it belongs there. The flowers are beautiful. Your kitchen looks brighter with the new doors. Love ya Mom