background

Friday, January 23, 2009

Fire Dept. yearly Photo Shoots!




Every year the local fire departments hires a photography studio to take pictures, for fund raising purposes. This year was no different then the last few years, well last year we didn't get the chance, but we did pay our $40 to help the fire departments. With the purchase of the $40 your get one photo free then of course pay for the rest if you decide to keep the other photo shoots. I didn't purchase any photo's this year, I am bad. I didn't want to pay big bucks for things that could have been touched up in the pictures. See what happens when you have your own camera and photo editing. LOL. So I have scanned in the freebie and did some of my own touch ups, such as blemishes, a bit of color adjusting and in one picture I softened the focus. LOL. The only bad thing was I didn't get the whole picture, just missing a bit of Phillip M and hubby's arm and some dust speckles on the glass, so I will have to touch those up. LOL I think all came out pretty well, still missing something in the picture though. Before I know it; it will down to only hubby and I in the portraits. So sad, but that just means the kids are grown and beginning new lives of their own.
ROFLMAO! I went back in to photo editing to get the specks out, and behold I am a real goober. If you look at the top pics, the wording on the shirts and hats are backwards. LOL. Ok I know Duh! But I seen it and fixed it before I started doing any kind of printing. LOL. Now how many of you really noticed until I mentioned it? I am not ashamed of admiting to it, LOL

2 comments:

danielle said...

i like the pictures no matter which why they are. i think you all look great. it is weird though not being in the family pic. i miss those times. i love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Good looking family. You are to honest. I didn't notice at all. And the pics of John are alot better then the ones at Christmas. He looks natural in these. Love ya all Mom