background

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Family & Feast! Wonderful Day!

Awww a great beginning of a morning, part of the Zoo Crew gathered together to share in some laughs, smiles and good food this Thanksgiving Holiday. We keep in close touch today with hubby on emails and a late evening phone call. Sent him some pictures of this day which he says makes him feel as if he was home. We made our Thanksgiving phone call to my mom who couldn't join us, but will be here this Christmas, and call our family in Kentucky and wished them all a Happy Thanksgiving. We even took a small trip to the neighbors to wish them Happy Thanksgiving and of course to show off Alex and Danielle. LOL. It was a wonderful day with the family, we are all thankful for what we have been given in our lives and try not to take anything or anyone for granted. Just knowing that we all have each other and the love that goes with it, make even the distant loved ones closer.
Alex checking out Uncle Phillip to see what he is up too.

Grandma and Alex take time out for a picture!
Mike in his natural state here at the house, we know where to find him if we needed him.

Danielle basting the turkey, she couldn't bend far but she did a great job. I think she is pretty wore out today. I do believe Lilly will be here sooner then we think.

Me and Danielle's creation! We had-turkey, 2 kinds of mac & cheese, green bean casserole, corn, baked beans, mashed potato's, gravy, dinner rolls, rice, deviled eggs, cranberries oh dessert. We had pumpkin pie, apple pie, banana pudding, chocolate silk pie, pineapple marshmellow dessert. We will all be well fed for the next couple of days that is for sure.


All set and ready to dine, notice Alex is the only one who noticed I wasn't sitting yet. LOL

My grandson's first Thanksgiving, and I had the honor of spending it with him, that little boy really ate well. He had a bit of everything just about. I was very proud of him, and he likes Turkey.

Oh goodness the aftermath of eating turkey. LOL I told Danielle this is better then benedryl. LOL with in 15minutes of eating he was out like a light. Danielle said this is the first time he has ever gone to sleep eating. LOL. I couldn't wait to show this to Papa, I emailed it as fast as I could before he left work. Papa laughed and showed Alex's picture off to a couple of guys in the office. Papa said well everyone of the kids have done it, they have all feel asleep eating. LOL John William sent us a Happy Thanksgiving email, that was just icing on the cake. I told him he was no where near Ga today LOL. and we had a plate all ready for him. He has been running between Ohio and New York. Got to drive in a snow storm.LOL but he is well and says he will try to be home for Christmas. There will be so much going on this December and I am so excited. Hopefully John will be here for the birth of his niece Lilly, he was here for Alex. Danielle will be so happy to have John and her grandmother here. So much to do so much to look forward too. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Oh I wonder how mom did at the Argosy today, I told her to go and enjoy her Thanksgiving Doris style. LOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well everyone is smiling so I guess everything went well. I love the pics of the family and that table really looks great. Makes me feel like I was there. And did well at Argosy. Love ya Mom

lilbit2cute said...

Looks like you guys had enough food four about 80 more people. We just got back from cinci just wanted to drop a line and say Happy Thanksgiving.
Kristy and Braeden