background

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Auntie Em! I don't think we are in Oz!



It was a very exciting early evening around here. Thanks to Hurricane fay we got our fair share of rain and funnel clouds. The town of Perry had sirens going off most of the day, between the severe thunderstorms and tornado activity, Wow. Thank goodness there was no damage, however one did touch down right up the road from us for just a minute or so. Little to say as you can tell we didn't take cover, LOL. What better time to try to take a picture, (and in the process of eating supper). I didn't get to get the whole funnel cloud due to tree line but I did get to see some of the clouds with rotation. It has been raining since Friday on and off, thank goodness we sure needed the rain here, we have had to get about 6 inches of rain or so. Well all is well here in the south, now just waiting for the dry up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok storm chaser. Pics are good but don't want u putting yourself in danger to get them. I love you to much for that Mom