The story begins...Before Dear Hubby left we had already planned and ordered new cabinets so that was already in the making. Within a few days after he left, I discovered the dishwasher had been leaking..come to discover it had been leaking for sometime. As you can see my kitchen was gutted all but the top cabinets. From August 18th until September 28th I had no kitchen sink and no stove for cooking. Phillip M and I had to either eat microwave food, restaurants and fast food. We did get about a week of cooking with the stove when I had a friend hook it up, but very little cooking..no means of really washing dishes and all my cookware was boxed up. We did eat with Danielle and clan a couple of times. When the restoration company brought in the drying fans, we blocked off the kitchen door and the temps in the kitchen hit 114 degrees, along with the temps in Georgia hitting over 100 degrees..it was loud and hot in the kitchen for 4 and half days..it began to take a toll on my nerves..ha ha. Between insurance and contractors nothing was going as planned, so the job to get the kitchen in order was long and drawn out. As we finally began the slow process of restoring the kitchen, with the help of my wonderful daughter and her painting skill we both managed to get the ball rolling...Finally the kitchen is complete and basically a new kitchen has been reborn..Dear Hubby went thru all this anxiety right along with me, he even made phone calls from overseas to help get the ball rolling. The final day of putting the kitchen together I got a flower delivery, my hubby is the greatest, he spoils me so..he felt so awful to be where he is and for us to be going thru this without him..he is my rock, my life and my love. End the end it all came out on top...I got a new kitchen..from floor, fresh paint from head to toe, light, fan, sink, faucet, table, dishwasher and cabinets...lets not forget a new wall where the frig. is... ha ha...Happy cooking....
PS: let us not forget...our son got his braces off finally....he is such a great looking young man....
2 comments:
Did ya enjoy it?
Can't wait to see it. I know I can't touch anything. LOL I know Phil was feeling bad about not being there for you but he knows he can rely on you when he is gone. LOve you Mom
Post a Comment