background

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vac 2011 Alamo, Tombstone, Meteor site, Canyons, Painted Desert, Diamond Mine

 Phillip with Doc Holiday in front of the Crystal Palace in Tombstone, they had some excellent food.
 Looking for Diamonds at the mine on our way back home.
 Yea I know a bit out of order, but our first stop was the Alamo..
 Just hanging out at a rest area for a few to stretch our legs..looking for critters.
 Basically our view the whole trip...love love love it....
 another mountain
 sun setting...not easy getting a shot from a moving vehicle
 Re-enactment at the O.K. Corral in Tombstone..I highly recommend it if ever given the chance to go to Tombstone AZ.
 Birdcage Theater lighting sucked as you can tell, I had forgotten my external flash. There was so many interesting things to see within the wall of the Birdcage. Hubby and I did the Ghost hunt in the evening, Phillip couldn't join us due to age requirements; but it was great.
 Boothill Cemetery...We could see Boothill from our hotel room right outside Tombstone.
 Here is the grave site of Les Moore...they saying is true...LOL
 Meep Meep Roadrunners...
 Cacti just hanging around...Put'em up!
 Grand Canyons...it was very difficult to get clear pictures, there was so much smoke in the air from the fires in AZ. It was great to visit the Canyons again, I have seen them before, but this was Phillip's first time and Hubbys first time without being in an airplane.
 Canyons
 Canyons
 At the Canyons
 Guess what! Canyons
 another
 We side tripped off and visited the meteor site, it was actually pretty interesting and windy...
 Petrified Forest..big ol log laying around
 Another log...they actually are really pretty to see...it is amazing what time and elements can make
 Oh look a bump on a log....LOL
 bits of what is left of the forest.
 Cool looking rock formation nearing the painted desert.
 See what did I tell ya...was beautiful
 ohhhh pretty
 Amazes me just stay in Awe
 Still Pretty
 Some ol Indian writings from the petrified forest..carved into a rock
 ohhh awwwwwe
 cacti bloom
 Some roadside driving sites....
 Yes again I know..out of order...Tombstone
 Main street of Tombstone....
 Inside of the Birdcage..this is the poker table that Doc Holiday and Johnny Ringo had there gun/silver cup duel..The historian in Tombstone state that the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russel was the only movie made that came close to the truth of Tombstone
Earp Clan

We a had a great vacation this year and the longest...Phillip M has talked about wanting to go west and Tombstone for the last few years and this was the year we finally made it. The sites we seen and the things we did made the trip that more special. I have been out west many times but seeing this through my son and hubbys eyes made it even better for me. We did miss having Danielle along on our family vacation, but life continues and Danielle has her own family and just can't jump and go. We did miss it very much but we were thankful she was home to look after our homestead and Taz kitty. We really only had one destination possibly two, Tombstone and the Canyons anything else along the way was spur of the moment. We started out headed for Tombstone and dropped a bit south headed towards the Alamo, from there to Silver City to Tombstone, Busbee, Meteor site, Grand Canyons, Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, Diamond Mines up to Memphis to home! I have to many pics to post and so much to say that ol Blogger would fill up. LOL..Just know that we had a great time, not only seeing new sites but spending it and sharing whether in person or by phone to our loved ones. Seeing my son fall in love with the west was like seeing him walk for the first time, Phillip fit perfectly in at Tombstone, something tells me he will end up in AZ or TX that is where he felt most comfortable and home...Until next blogger...which will be soon..we have company coming...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved all the pic's. Glad you had a great time. It was probably better this year then when we had planed to go. I know you loved being there with your family. I remember well going west with you and Dan. Love ya sweetie.